You are here

Payment of Filing Fees

Payment of Filing Fees:

1.      Fees can be paid by money order or certified check (no personal checks)  made payable to "Clerk, U.S. Bankruptcy Court - SDNY" at the time of filing your petition. . In Manhattan, fees can also be paid with cash in the exact amount (the clerk’s office is unable to make change)The White Plains and Poughkeepsie offices do not accept Cash. You may pay the filing fee in full by submitting a money order.
2.   You may also request permission to  pay the filing fee in installments by filing an Official Form 103A - Application to Pay Filing Fee in Installments (here). 
3.   If you are filing a chapter 7 case you may request a waiver of your filing fee by filing an Official Form 103B -  Application For Waiver of Chapter 7 Filing Fee (here).  To be eligible for a waiver, the debtor’s income must be less than 150% of the official poverty line. Poverty Guidelines may be obtained here.